Watermelon has it all: high levels of vitamins A, C and B6, as well as potassium for cramps and magnesium. Magnesium helps muscles relax, which can prevent premature contractions during pregnancy. In addition, watermelon can fight morning sickness, reduce heartburn, and prevent dehydration.
Can I eat melon during pregnancy?
Dr. Nicole Avena, a research neurologist and author of What to Eat When You’re Pregnant reminds us that while cantaloupe is healthy, during pregnancy, it should be avoided. The melon is prone to contamination from listeria-carrying bacteria.
Which dry fruit is good for pregnant lady?
Apricots also contain vital vitamins and minerals such as folic acid, potassium, calcium and magnesium – all of which keep you healthy during pregnancy. The dried fruit also helps to regulate your digestive process – a common problem during pregnancy – preventing your bowls from becoming slow as the baby develops.
Should I avoid watermelon during pregnancy?
The water content of the watermelons keeps the body hydrated. It also flushes out the harmful toxins from the body but while doing this the baby gets exposed to these toxins which is not good for the baby. Also, consuming large amounts of this fruit can raise blood sugar levels in women with gestational diabetes.
Which fruits should avoid during pregnancy?
Fruits to Avoid During Pregnancy Diet
- Papaya– It tops the list for obvious reasons. …
- Pineapple– These are also not recommended to the pregnant women as they contain certain enzymes that alters the texture of cervix which could induce premature contractions. …
- Grapes– Grapes aren’t recommended for consumption during the final trimester.
What fruit is best for pregnancy?
The best fruits to eat during pregnancy
- Apricots. Apricots contain: …
- Oranges. Oranges are an excellent source of: …
- Mangoes. Mangoes are rich in vitamins A and C. …
- Pears. Pears provide lots of the following nutrients: …
- Pomegranates. Pomegranates can provide pregnant women with plenty of: …
- Avocados. …
- Guava. …
Is banana good for pregnancy?
Bananas. Bananas are another good source of potassium. They also contain vitamin B6, vitamin C, and fiber. Constipation is very common during pregnancy.
Is dates good for pregnant woman?
Dates are not only healthy, but also safe to eat during pregnancy. There’s no evidence suggesting that dates have a negative effect during the first, second, or third trimester of pregnancy.
Is pineapple good for pregnancy?
Despite its inability to actually get labor started, pineapple is still an excellent source of nutrients that can help keep you and your baby healthy during your pregnancy. It’s rich in antioxidants like vitamin C, which can help reduce inflammation during pregnancy.
Is Mango good for a pregnant woman?
Not only are mangos safe to eat while you’re pregnant, but they contain a host of nutrients that are beneficial to you. One ¾ cup serving of mango is a good source of folate, which is a key pre-natal vitamin. Women who don’t get enough folate are at risk of having babies with neural tube defects, such as spina bifida.
Is Papaya bad for pregnancy?
If you are pregnant or trying to become pregnant, avoid eating unripe papaya. Papaya that is unripe contains a latex substance that may cause contractions of the uterus. Papaya or papaya enzymes are sometimes recommended for soothing indigestion , which is common during pregnancy.
How can I make my baby beautiful during pregnancy?
10 steps to a healthy pregnancy
- See your doctor or midwife as soon as possible.
- Eat well.
- Take a supplement.
- Be careful about food hygiene.
- Exercise regularly.
- Begin doing pelvic floor exercises.
- Cut out alcohol.
- Cut back on caffeine.
What drinks to avoid while pregnant?
Drinks to avoid or limit during pregnancy
- Caffeinated drinks. Experts agree it’s okay to have up to 200 milligrams of caffeine daily during pregnancy. …
- Soda. It’s loaded with sugar and empty calories, and some evidence suggests that diet sodas could increase your baby’s odds of becoming overweight later in life.
How can I make my baby skin fair during pregnancy?
Avocado is a fruit that is known to be rich in vitamin C and vitamin E. Both these vitamins are known for their antioxidant properties. Vitamin C also helps in reducing inflammation and is essential for collagen production in the body. The production of collagen in turn improves your baby’s skin tone.