How many games should be played at a baby shower?
How Many Games Should be Played at A Baby Shower? Depending on how long you want your baby shower to go, usually between two and three games is enough to get guests mingling and keep them entertained, while still allowing for enough time to socialize with one another and the expecting mama.
What are some good games to play at a baby shower?
Top 20 Best Baby Shower Games
- Don’t Say Baby. Mum’s the word when it comes to saying ‘baby’! …
- Guess the Baby Game. Pink cheeks and rosy memories abound when you play this game at your baby shower. …
- Baby Items in the Bag. …
- Mommy and Daddy’s Secrets. …
- Baby Sketch Artists. …
- Dirty Diapers. …
- Guess the Baby Food. …
- Guess the Mother’s Measurements.
How do you make a baby shower fun?
Here are some tips and tricks to actually having fun at your own shower.
- Make it co-ed. …
- Hold a separate one for friends and for relatives. …
- Make it three hours—max. …
- Serve lots of alcohol. …
- Make an anonymous tip box labelled “unsolicited advice” …
- Pick a convenient location. …
- Buy yourself a new outfit for the occasion.
What can you do instead of baby shower games?
What can you do instead of baby shower games?
- Decorating baby onesies;
- Making headbands for a baby girl;
- Coloring pages to create a unique Alphabet book for baby;
- Decorating bibs or burp cloths;
- Creating a time capsule for baby;
- Writing future birthday cards;
- Creating funny diaper messages, etc.
Who pays for what at a baby shower?
The hostess traditionally pays for the baby shower and its associated costs. However, the hostess can divide up the responsibility and costs by asking a few close family members or friends to co-host. This helps to reduce the overall expense and alleviates some of the financial obligation of hosting a baby shower.
What are good prizes for baby shower games?
More Inexpensive Baby Shower Game Prizes
- Gift Certificates from a cute little boutique, coffee shop or book store.
- Baby Shower Candles.
- A Picture Frame.
- A Recipe Box.
- A Cool Mug From Starbucks.
- Potted Plants.
- Tea Cup, Saucer and Tea Bags.
How do you make a baby shower not boring?
How to Throw a Baby Shower That Doesn’t Suck
- Stop calling them showers. …
- Include men* and families. …
- Make it an open house. …
- Ask guests to bring unwrapped gifts. …
- Have optional activities. …
- Serve good eats and drinks. …
- 20 thoughts on “How to Throw a Baby Shower That Doesn’t Suck”
What do u do at a baby shower?
In addition to setting up hors d’oeuvres and drinks, the hostess can set aside time for guests to play fun baby shower games that are interactive and keep your guests entertained. Between team games, trivia games and printable baby shower games, you can mix and match activities.
How do you get a baby gift without a shower?
Create an Amazon wish list and share it (or have friends and family share for you) Scale down the shower and have a baby sprinkle or a simple dinner with family and close friends. Host a Sip-and-See party in lieu of a shower with close family and friends. Host a virtual shower.
Who is supposed to host a baby shower?
Most baby showers should be hosted by a sister, mother, mother-in-law, or close friend. Baby showers were traditionally thrown by family members who weren’t close with the parents-to-be, to avoid the assumption that close family members wanted to collect gifts for themselves.
What’s a diaper raffle?
A diaper raffle is where guests to a baby shower bring a pack of diapers to be entered into a raffle drawing. A diaper fund is where guests can buy a raffle ticket for a set amount of money, then their ticket gets put into a drawing for a prize.
Who should not host a baby shower?
Strict rules like “female guests only,” “the parent-to-be or their immediate family can’t host the shower” and “you shouldn’t have a shower for any baby after your first” were largely indisputable 60 to 80 years ago.
Is it rude to bring a baby to a baby shower?
Speaking in general here – A baby shower is 2 to 3 hours at most. Unless the invitation states ahead of time that babies are welcome, the more gracious thing to do is to leave baby at home. (In other words, future mom-to-be’s should not feel ANY negative pressure when asking guests to leave their babies at home.)
Is it rude to not open gifts at a baby shower?
As much as guests would love for the mom-to-be to open their gifts, proper etiquette is respecting her wishes and not asking her to open the presents during the shower. Once one gift is opened, a chain reaction will start and everyone will want theirs opened too.